I guess my alternator had been through one too many mud puddles, so it got replaced with a 136 amp alternator from a V10 Dodge.
Next is one of my favorite mods, my rock sliders, 1/4" wall, welded directly to the frame.
My Jeep at this stage sort of reached a stopping point, and mods slowed down quite a bit, mainly I just wheeled and enjoyed it for a while:
So I had determined my shocks where a limiting factor on my rig, so after some thought I came up with a completely new idea. Actually filed for a patent on it too. My 13" travel ProComp shocks were limiting my travel, I need something longer, but that would still compress short enough so I didn't loose any compression, and dropping a bunch of cash on fancy longer travel shocks was not an option. So opted to use two shocks instead of one:
On the bottom of this picture is a 13" ProComp shock, fully extended next to my setup, the kicker though is my setup still compresses to the same length as the standard shock:
So I don't know why I put off the hand throttle mod for so long, it ended up only costing me $11. Its one of the most useful things I did to my Jeep:
I had joked around about building a new front bumper for quite a while, one with a big obnoxious stinger. I was really proud of how well the gear box skid turned out:
During final welding:
Oh yeah, thats a big stinger.
I decided it was time to really make use of that larger alternator and go to a dual battery setup. This is one mod that I thought would be quick and easy, let me be the first to say building a battery tray sucks, there are 11 mount points on the factory tray, putting them all back was a PITA.
My standard 5/16" winch cable was looking pretty rough, so I opted to replace it with some 3/8" cable:
I was getting tired of hitting my skid plate on things everytime I went wheeling, so I decided to remove the transfer case drop, pretty easy mod, I just removed it.
After putting this much work into my Jeep I wanted it to be rather difficult for someone to steal, so I opted to add in my own version of a kill switch. 100 ft. of wiring later this switch panel serves multiple purposes. To start my Jeep it takes two keys and a combination of switches, flip the wrong switches or don't have both keys the horn comes on and stays on. The switches also control accessories on the Jeep like the OBA.
I didn't think I'd ever add a cold air intake, it just seemed sort of ricer for a Jeep. However, after several good friends gaining gas mileage after doing it, I decided I'd try it. I can't just go buy something, for one thats exspensive, and two thats not my style. I decided to build my own out of 3" exhaust pipe and a deep well socket.
So I scored some new lights for my Jeep, and I had some new ideas. I added a light bar to the front of my bumper, and moved the winch solenoid under the hood.
Added a front license plate mount for my bumper, so I'm actually all legal now.
Two new KC's mounted:
Also added some 55-watt backup lights, which have proved to be very handy, even just as camp lights when necessary.
Also added some 55-watt dome lights, one for the front and one for the rear, finding stuff in the Jeep is no longer a problem at night.
To control the new lights, I added another switch panel, which also houses the winch remote hook-up now, much nicer to plug in the winch remote from inside the Jeep.
I had to cut the skid plate some as I found out when I removed the transfer case drop my front driveshaft no longer cleared the skid plate, oops.
I finally replaced my leaking cowl seal, so I decided to go ahead and put in a real radio. Just a cheapo Pioneer unit, but it plays MP3s.
Since I had the dash out anyways, figured I'd better go ahead and ditch the factory 4x6s, the radio sounds a lot better now.
I came across a really good deal for some 37" GoodYear MT/Rs, so I figured that was a good time to freshen up the beadlocks as well. The rings got a treatment of OD Green, the wheels where re-painted black, then both where clear coated.