My bike has always had an HID in it, however to go with the rest of new black plastics, I decided to swap over to a black LED headlight. I didn't want to hack up any of the factory stuff, so below is my solution. It will still be adjustable, just not without removing the headlight shroud (how often do you really adjust the headlight though?)
Added a small piece between the two mounting tabs for the headlight. Really the only purpose it serves is a place to zip tie wiring to, and it keep the wiring up off the light. That's why there isn't one on the bottom.
Of course don't want to leave it bare aluminum, so it got a coat of black paint:
Ordered a couple heat shields, ended up ordering one more. Decided on this one for the moment.Note thats not the way DRC makes them, I did polish it some.
Since the headlight is almost done, time to get the AFR gauge and the O2 sensor wired up.
Bracket installed on the new headlight, and the rubber gasket in place around the new headlight. The OEM headlight had foam gasket material there, so I figured the new light should have something.
LED headlight installed:
I'm still going back and forth on the heat shield, but out of the ones I ordered, this one definitely looks the best.
Starting final assembly
The big bore build and black conversion completed: