I decided to go ahead and shorten my RS2:
This actually turned out to be a bit harder than I had planned, but overall not too bad:
The sound level only increased by 1 dB over it's stock form, but it looks much better in my opinion:
Doing a big bore kit had been a on my list of things to do for a while. Finally decided to do it. Starting the motor tear down: opinion:
There was a little bit of carbon build up but not to bad really.opinion:
Lots of parts scattered about. Yes that is my Yoshimura exhaust cut, it refused to cooperate. It wasn't going back on anyways, but I had hoped to get it off in one piece (I tried everything).opinion:
New piston in place:
New piston in place:
Picked up a new airbox to replace my existing one. I have started modifying it for the new intake setup.
Mocking up the plate for the LTZ intake:
I wanted to get rid of the graphics on the tank, which would allow me to get rid of the graphics on the tank shrouds. I noticed however blue plastics are getting harder to find, so I decided to go black.
Final fitment of the LTZ intake:
It's a tight fit. I ended up putting the pipe in the press to oval it some to gain some clearance, and it's still less clearance than I'd like but it does clear.
Cut a rubber gasket for the intake plate to go between the plate and the air box.
Decided to polish the intake tube. That is a port for the oil box, just like factory.
I had ovaled the pipe even more than I had the previous day because it was such a tight fit around the shock. Then I had lined the air box and plate with some hose to make it air tight. However once every thing was bolted tight, nothing cleared. So now I only have hose on one side to move the pipe away from the shock. The hose clamp on the pipe (it has black heat shrink around it to make it look better, and protect the aluminum intake some) will help be a barrier between the aluminum intake the shock / spring should they happen to touch now. The dab of silicone on one side will hopefully keep everything from rattle or moving too much.
Next exhaust got mounted.
It's the MRD Z-Pro, so it's tight everywhere. Notice my homemade low profile bolt in the engine mount. I couldn't come up with a button head bolt this late in the day on the weekend.
The black body work is starting to go on.
|© Copyright 2006 - 2023 Mike Lee|